Delhi - Manali - Shimla
Ooty - Mysore
Munnar - Thekkady - Alleppey
Looking for Best Honeymoon Destinations in India With Honeymoon Packages - Pitambari Tours
Honeymoon is a time when two people, after tying the knot, relax and enjoy sometime away from others. It's just the two of them spending all day long together. Honeymoon is the time when the newly wed couple gets to know each other better. Honeymoon is the beginning of their new life together. A honeymoon destination has to be such where you forget about the daily chores and whims and just rekindle the love. In India honeymoon is the first official outing for the bride and the groom, so it has to be a special destination to celebrate the occasion of being together and entering a new phase of life.
Following are a few popular honeymoon destination in India :
- Jammu and Kashmir : Kashmir is set like a jeweled crown on the map of India. Kashmir is a heaven on earth. The attributes like picturesque beauty, natural landscapes, cool climate, beautiful flora and fauna makes Jammu and Kashmir an appropriate lover's paradise and a great honeymoon destination. The two major Himalayan ranges, the Great Himalayan Range and the Pir Panjal, surround the landscape from the north and south respectively. The picturesque landscape is breathtaking and the green grass lands are amazing. Honeymooning in Kashmir is an experience of a lifetime. The slow pace life, calm environment, lush green surroundings and fresh air are the ingredients that make Kashmir the favorite honeymoon destination in India.
- Shimla : Dubbed as 'Queen of the Hills', Shimla is the most popular honeymoon destination in India. Shimla was once the summer capital of India (during the British rule) and currently the capital of the state of Himachal Pradesh. The spectacularly cool hills accompanied by the structures made during the colonial era create an aura, which makes it very different from other hill stations. Set atop a mountain in the Himalayas at an altitude of 2,159m (7,083ft) only makes this the journey to this Indian honeymoon destination all the more exciting. Shimla is wonderfully picturesque city, draped in forests of pine and oak with a natural climate that makes for pleasant summers and cold, snowy winters. The city's architecture is reminiscent of the colonial era with its grand old buildings like the Vice regal Lodge, the charming iron lamp posts and Anglo-Saxon names which brings this destination a charm like no other in India.
- Kullu Manali : Nestled in the lower Himalayas situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh, lies Manali an ancient town surrounded by snow capped peaks and close in proximity to the snowline. It has a flourishing orchard industry and is a popular destination for adventure sport enthusiasts, campers, trekkers as well as honeymooners. About 550 km from Delhi, the capital of India, Manali offers visitors some amazing natural sites like hot water springs , waterfalls and the river Beas that runs right through. Apart from those there are beautiful temples scattered across the place and the city center has a monastery as well as some good shopping and eateries to enjoy.
- Goa : Goa is the smallest state of India in terms of geographical area, it is the major and famous most tourist attraction in India and thus commands almost a monopoly over the tourist inflow. Today Goa is famous all across the globe as one of the best and most popular honeymoon Destination. Here you'll find people from all over the world enjoying their holiday, vacations and honeymoon. Goa is located on the western coast of India also known as Konkan Coast. It is surrounded by the state of Maharashtra on the north, Karnataka on the east and south and the Arabian Sea on its west. Goa is truly a honeymooner's paradise.
- Coorg : Also known as Kodagu, Coorg is a place said to haunt you forever with its timeless beauty. Described as the Scotland of India, Coorg lies at an altitude of 1,525 m on the Western Ghats about 252 kms from Bangalore in Karnataka. Misty hills, lush forest, acres and acres of tea and coffee plantations, orange groves, undulating streets and breathtaking views are what make Coorg an unforgettable honeymoon destination. Coorg has many verdant trekking routes in the midst of forests and hills where you and your spouse can experience the thrill, and it's best to go in the months from October to February. Some of the known trails are in the hills of Brahmagiri, where you and your beloved could trek your way to the Iruppa Falls. Or you could trek to Pushpagiri, the second highest peak of Kodagu, or even Tadiandamol, the highest peak. For white water rafting check out the camps around Madikeri, which offer rafting down the Cauvery. Some fast paced action visits the Upper Barapole River to the south of Coorg in Brahmagiri. The best time for rafting is from mid-June to mid-September.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands : Away from the city's hustle and bustle are the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Andaman and Nicobar is a place where you two can enjoy the loneliness close to nature. It is a group of 572 emerald island islets in the eastern part of the Bay of Bengal south of Myanmar. The Islands float in the crystal clear blue water of Bay of Bengal. Andaman and Nicobar is one of the Union Territories of India that stretches over a length of more than 700 km from north to south. Andaman and Nicobar islands are the most beautiful beach destinations in India. The clear blue sea, the sunny sands and the colorful corals lure visitors to these islands. The Islands are in two groups; the Andaman and the Nicobar. The rare flora and fauna, underwater marine life, corals, tall coconut trees sway to the sea rhythm, crystal clear blue water, slow pace life, you and your love makes this place an exceptional honeymoon destination.
- Kerala : Today Kerala is best known as ayurveda centre, backwaters destination and a honeymoon's paradise. Kerala is also known as the "Gods Own Country" is one of the prime honeymoon destinations of India. It is a perfect destination for holidays, Honeymoon, art, culture, tradition, health care, yoga, ayurveda and meditation. Kerala is famous for its natural beauty, amazing beaches, delicious sea food and backwaters. Backwaters – a unique web of lakes, lagoons, canals and rivers – are an integral part of Kerala's Tourism Scenario. A Journey through the curving and winding backwaters of Kerala is an experience of returning to nature. Now-a-days backwater tourism is something special to Kerala. And Houseboats go a long way in actualizing the many backwater oriented tourism possibilities. Houseboat holidays have become popular in the backwaters of Kerala and provide an extremely soothing experience. Enjoying the honeymoon in one of the fabulous houseboats will be an exciting experience.
- Ooty : Ooty, Udhagamandalam, is one of the famous hill station of southern India and is popularly referred to as "Queen of Hills". The Hill station is located in the western ghats of Nilgiri (Blue Mountains) Hills. Ooty stands at an approximate height of 7,500 feet (2, 286 m) above sea level. The landscape comprises of tea gardens, eucalyptus trees and other spice plantations. Ooty is famous for its picturesque landscapes and natural beauty. The best attraction here is the Toy train that runs between Metupalaiyam to Udagamandalam (Ooty), via Coonoor, in the Nilgiri Hills. Ooty is the best place for honeymoon for the people who enjoy natural landscapes, mystic hills, smell and aroma of spices, calm life away from the hectic city life.
- Lakshadweep : Lakshadweep is located at about 200 -300 km away from the west coat Kerala in the Arabian Sea. Lakshadweep is basically a group of 36 small islands. These islands are small and flat and hardly 4-5 m. above the sea level. Lakshadweep is the smallest UT of India. Out of 36 coral islands of Lakshadwep only 10 islands are inhabited. These islands in the Indian Ocean are surrounded by lagoons, tall coconut trees, and crystal clear blue water. The coral formations underwater form an amazingly colorful garden and the variety of fish that inhabit these waters is truly exotic. It is a great tourist destination for Divers.
Find the other best populor holiday packages in India with Pitambari Tours